Posted by Admin on December, 26, 2019
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose with a short form HPMC is a semi-synthetic, static, visco-elastic polymer used in various commercial products. It is used in the manufacturing of eye drops, as well as an excipient and controlled-delivery component in oral medicaments.
As a food additive, hypromellose is
• An emulsifier,
• A thickening and suspending agent, and
• An alternative to animal gelatin
It is a non-fermentable semi-synthetic dietetic fiber, based on cellulose, a carbohydrate consisting of anhydroglucose units.
Derivatives of cellulose: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose manufacturers make use of Cellulose derivatives that cover the range of modified varieties approved as food additives.
1. These are methyl cellulose E461 (MC) and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose E464 (HPMC), used for
• Binding and shape retention,
• Film formation
• Barrier properties, and
• Avoidance of boil-out at higher temperatures
2. Hydroxypropyl cellulose E463 (HPC), presents good surface activity, beneficial in use of lower viscosity grades of toppings for dispensing from aerosol cans.
3. Methyl ethyl cellulose E465 (MEC) and sodium carboxymethyl cellulose E466 (CMC) is used for viscosity improvement.
The raw material used by leading manufacturers for the modified celluloses is cellulose pulp. This is produced from wood pulp, specific species or from cotton linters.
There are many fields of application of HPMC which are mentioned here:
• Tile adhesives
• Cement renders
• Gypsum products
• Paints & coatings
• Detergents & cleaners
• Eye drops
• Contact lenses
Use in whole grain bread: Plant-derived HPMC can be a substitute for gluten in making all-oats and other grain pieces of bread. Gluten is mostly present in wheat, rye, and barley, but is absent (or present only in trace quantities) in oats and other grains. Being synthetic gluten, HPMC can trap air bubbles formed by the yeast in bread dough, causing the bread to rise.
Use in construction materials: HPMC is used chiefly in construction materials like tile bonding agent and renders where it is used as a rheology modifier and water preservation agent.
Leading Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose manufacturers take well care of the quality. They do all types of tests before supplying to the consumers. Various benchmark tests used to qualify hypromellose are:
• The degree of substitution (DS)
• Molar substitution (MS)
• Salt content
They are also endowed with the following qualities
• Equipped with the hi-tech machinery and tools.
• have been maintaining the supreme quality of our products
• Possess separate sections for quality checking, procurement, manufacturing, packaging, and warehousing.
• Capable of delivering bulk consignments safely and timely.
This entry was posted on December, 26, 2019 at 15 : 31 pm and is filed under Hydroxypropyl Methycellulose. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.